Monday, March 14, 2011

PhotoShop Reflection

For my PhotoShop assignment, I first used two photos for my main focus. I used the picture of the beach that I took for my landscape shot and I used the picture of two cows that we took for our animal assignment. After choosing those two photos, I tried blending them together. First I made sure the two pictures were exactly the same size and then I went to Image, Apply Image, and blended the too pictures together. At first, the pictures were coming up too light or too dark. So instead of blending the images together, I copy and pasted the cows onto the beach. I used the magnetic lasso tool to outline the two cows and pasted them onto the beach. After placing the two cows onto the beach, I also copy and pasted a picture of spaghetti and meatballs onto the picture. I thought it would be funny to make it look as if the two cows were sharing food (like in the movie, Lady and The Tramp).
After copying and pasting that image, I made it look fish-eyed. By doing that, I made a circle around the spaghetti, went to image, then adjustments, and then finally sphereized the food. It made the food more distorted than it actually was. I also copy and pasted a picture of someone meditating on the beach. With this picture, I changed the color filter of the person meditating. I made the temperature cooler, made the saturation higher and changed the contrast a little. By doing this, I made the person who was meditating look tinted. I also shrunk the person by going to edit, free transform. By doing free transform, the person may become larger, smaller, thinner or wider.
Finally after putting all the pictures in, I wanted to change my background, I added a couple of gradient layers. I did this by making a gradient tool, picked one of the gradients and chose one to put on the bottom left corner. That was my final piece for the PhotoShop piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment